In
our daily lives, there are many examples of social justice as well as social
injustice. Justice is something that creates fairness and equality. Social
justice is the matter of justice occurring among social classes and/or
communities, which is something that is not the government can completely control.
This means that its up to people to make their community a more just place. The
recent reading inquiry we had was to take note of the world around us,
including social justice/injustice. This inquiry made notice how much social
justice and injustice goes on around us everyday.
One
example of social justice I saw is when I was on the train and I saw a woman
with many children give a homeless man $2. This to me was social justice. I
think this was social justice because the woman had many children to look
after, she found money to give to someone less fortunate than she. If everyone
in our community did what this woman did and found just a little money to give
to the needy, we would have less hunger and our community would be a better place.
Another
thing that I noticed was when I was walking my little sister to her friends
house, we passed a man on his phone who was yelling and cussing at the person
on the other end. In my eyes, this was a social injustice. I think this is an
injustice because you need to be aware of the people and things around you.
This man did not notice the 9-year-old in his midst, and said words that I
believe to be inappropriate for her to hear. My little sister actually repeated
one of the milder words that this man said later that night, quickly
apologizing and taking it back. This shows how great an affect surroundings
have on people.
In
conclusion, social justice is really a responsibility that everyone in a
community needs to fulfill in order to create a community that everyone is
happy to be a part of. If we all create one social justice a day in our lives, I
community would be greatly improved. Everyone should be aware of what they are
doing and saying, and should also be aware of what they can do to make their
community (and society) a better place
to be.
I totally agree! Sometimes, I think about ways in which I can help the community around me, but it's really just as easy as giving something to people who don't have as much as me. It's hard for people to see that with such hectic and busy lives.
ReplyDelete