Reading is a very big part of my life. I find comfort and consonance in mutual issues I share with characters. I build a sense of empathy with main characters, both protagonists and antagonists. When I read a book, I connect with it. That's why favorite books of mine have the ability to stir up deep, sincere feelings and beliefs and teach me important lessons that largely affect my decisions.
For example, the book the Anne Of Green Gables made me feel frustrated when Anne acted vain and valued her pride over Gilbert's friendship. This book taught me that I can follow my dream and still help those that I love. I also learned to pay attention and care into everything that I do.
Another one of my favorites is 13 Reasons Why. From this book I drew powerful, deep and bitter emotions. I felt like I really could plunge my hands into the book, and into the story, and pull out Hannah Baker from her inevitable suicide, even though my conscious recognized that she wasn't real. I felt like I was the one listening to the tapes she left. I learned from this book the consequences of being inconsiderate. I learned to value everybody, and that someone always has a story to tell, and something that is paining them.
Finally, from the book I Am Malala I got righteous feelings of rebellion. I get angrier and angrier every time I read about the insufferable negligence that woman's rights receive, but I also become more appreciative I am able to live in a clean, warm home with clean water and am able to get an education. This book taught me to value everything - small and big - that I have and have encountered. It taught me that I should always fight for my rights, no matter who stands in my way and what they attempt to do to me. This book told me that I have a voice that deserves to be heard.
In conclusion, my favorite books have taught me, have made me feel strong emotions and cause me to see my world differently. My views are constantly changed by the literature that I read - be it a book, and article or a poem. In the future, I look forward to finding a new book in which I can relate. Even more though, I look forward to finding a book that will change the way I see the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment