Sunday, February 2, 2014

Post #9 -- Nonfiction

In the book I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai, Malala writes about how the Taliban devastated her formerly peaceful and quit Swat, into a violent and outrageous religious chaos. In a time where many women's rights where neglected and very violently forbidden, Malala Yousafzai stood up and demanded women's rights. On her way to school one morning with her friends, a man with a gun boarded her bus, and asked her friends if Malala Yousafzai was on the bus. He then shot Malala in the head, and injured two other girls. Malala Yousafzai is a powerful example of women's rights, and a determined humanitarian. She has taught me to not only be thankful for what I have, but to stand up for my rights as well as others, man or women.
Malala has taught me to stand up for my rights, and for others as well. Malala saw an injustice, and she also saw that the army was not going to help when the Taliban struck out with acts of violence to prove their point that women do not deserve rights such as education. Instead of laying low and dropping out of her fathers school so as to remain safe, she began to speak out publicly against the Taliban. Even after the Taliban not only tracked her down, but shot her with the intent to kill her, she still continued to speak out for women's rights. She showed true courage and determination, and continued to fight for her rights.
Malala Yousafzai has not only taught me to stand up for the rights of everyone, but she made me realize how lucky I am to be able to go to school everyday without real issues repressing me from getting an education. Just because Malala claimed her right as to education, she was nearly murdered. She has to really fight to get an education, where as it is a governmental requirement for me. She made me realize how lucky I am to go to school every morning, and to get to wake up early every morning and stay up late to write reports and do homework, because I get to go to school and get an education.
In conclusion, Malala Yousafzai is a determined humanitarian, a powerful leader, and a very determined student. She has taught me to be strong and stand up for what I believe in and to appericiate everything my educational right and other women's rights give me. Reading this book has made me want to become active in this struggle for women's rights. Malala is a powerful and beautiful example of everything I hope I can become in the future, both in her courage and her determination.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree! I don't think I could have as much courage as Malala did on that bus. To fight that hard while being threatened isn't just courage and bravery, it's being a true hero.

    ReplyDelete