While Cassia and Ky are in the Carving, I noticed how they both noticed the same landmarks that were in the canyons. For example, Ky took note of a tree that had a burn in it that was caused by a lightning strike, and then not more than 2 chapters later, Cassia notices the same tree. The author used this as a for of foreshadowing that Cassia and Ky were in the same canyon, and also that there was a very good chance that the two would find each other.
I think that this shows how Cassia and Ky have the same instincts and both trust their will. If Cassia had decided to run into the Carving, but Ky had decided that it was too much of a risk, they would have never found each other. The fact hat they not only both noticed the same tree on the side of the canyon wall, or the small frozen river and the fish frozen with it, but that they both concluded that there was no risk big enough to take if it gave them the chance to find each other.
Like Ky and Cassia, there are many risks that I could take in my life. One risk that I am faced with in my life is that I could decide to opt into academic program at Murrow, or I could decide to take the risk and audition for other schools. I think that Cassia and Ky have also displayed a connection that is more than both deciding to take a risk and both noticing the same tree – they both love each other so much, that they’re willing to loose their family, their home and all they’ve ever loved, just for the off chance that they’ll find each other in a vast canyon complex after they’ve been separated by the world-dominating government that wants them dead. That to me is so why the small details that I took note of matter so much to the story of Cassia and Ky.
No comments:
Post a Comment